Arizona Daily Star photographers capture the athletes for reporter Caitlin Schmidt’s “Spring Stars” series, which features more than 30 high school sports standouts whose seasons were cut short because of the coronavirus. Athletes were nominated by their athletic directors and coaches, many of whom named more than just one. As a result, some schools will have multiple stars.
The photo gallery will be updated as features on the athletes are published in the Arizona Daily Star and tucson.com
Leo and Ivan Villa
Refugio "Kito" Del Cid
Cheyenne Hudson and Laneya Wright
Anjolee Aguilar-Beaucage (copy)
As featured on
The Star is profiling Southern Arizona high school athletes whose seasons were cut short by the coronavirus pandemic. Here's a look at the athletes who have been featured so far.
The Arizona Daily Star is profiling Southern Arizona high school athletes whose seasons were cut short by the coronavirus pandemic. Today: Pusch Ridge Christian track star Emmanuel Corral.
- Frost plays down competitive advantage, points to safety as chief concern as players return
- Andre Gray proposed to Leigh-Anne Pinnock with personalised film on outdoor cinema
- Ellen DeGeneres 'sad and angry' after death of George Floyd
- Could the Huskers turn to the junior college ranks to fill their final 2020 scholarship spot?
- George Clooney slams racism in moving essay: 'This is our pandemic'
- Artem Chigvintsev 'madly in love' with Nikki Bella
- Amid civil unrest, Packers players speak out, hope for change
- Jade Thirlwall feared not being 'popular' because of her heritage
- Lenoir City names new baseball coach
- Landfill manager quits unexpectedly
- Making a lasting impact
- Lenoir City girl making a difference
- Basically raised in the church
- More COVID-19 cases at Monterey
- County schools get summer feeding grant
- Local murder investigation ongoing
- July Rockin' the Docks on schedule
- Businesses launch during pandemic