A Lenoir City woman was jailed Thursday after hitting a neighbor with baseball bat during a dispute.
Loudon County Sheriff’s Office Deputy Austin Parton responded to a dispute between Cassie Michelle Walker, 35, and the man. The man had an “ongoing issue” with his neighbor’s speeding and confronted her about it. After the dispute, Walker arrived on the scene with her boyfriend and a baseball bat.
“(The man) stated that they were verbally arguing when Ms. Walker spat in his face and he then spat back at her,” Parton wrote in a report. “Ms. Walker then hit him with the bat on the right side of his body around his ribcage. (The man) then hit her causing her to fall to the ground.”
Walker said she arrived home to see a family member crying. The family member told Walker that the man was harassing her. Walker denied hitting the man with a baseball bat. However, Parton observed marks on the man’s ribcage consistent with being hit with a baseball bat.
Walker was charged with aggravated assault and released on $5,000 bond.
Knoxville man banned
Lenoir City Police Officer Aaron Bialek arrested a Knoxville man for shoplifting Saturday after a short chase.
Bialek was dispatched to a local retail store on U.S. Highway 321 in reference to Jeremy Keith Duke, 33.
Duke left the store and “ditched a backpack with the stolen merchandise under a silver Nissan,” Bialek wrote in a report. Dispatch advised Bialek that Duke was wearing blue jeans and a jean jacket and that he took off on foot toward a nearby store. Duke hid behind a dumpster and took off his jacket.
“Jeremy began to walk away from me,” Bialek wrote in a report. “I gave Jeremy verbal commands to stop and at that time Jeremy took off on foot and I gave chase. I was able to catch Jeremy, take him down to the ground and placed him into custody.”
Bialek took Duke back to the retail store for further investigation by the store loss prevention team. Duke was observed taking merchandise off shelves and concealing them.
The total amount of the items stolen was $294.91. Duke is permanently banned from the retail store.
Duke was charged with violation of probation, shoplifting and resisting stop, halt, frisk and released on $4,000 bond.
• Debra Charleda Buchanan, 64, Lenoir City, was charged with aggravated assault and held on $10,000 bond.
• Andrew Emil Kotronias, 26, Lenoir City, was charged with domestic assault and vandalism and held on $4,000 bond.
• Eric Benjamin Parris, 39, Lenoir City, was charged with aggravated domestic assault and released on $5,000 bond.
• Preston Leon Sutton, 22, Loudon, was charged with domestic assault-misdemeanor and released on $1,000 bond.
• Zachary Allen Clabough, 25, Powell, was charged with failure to appear and held on $3,000 bond.
• Christopher Michael Arwood, 33, Lenoir City, was charged with domestic assault-misdemeanor and released on $1,500 bond.
• Dylan Wade Carter, 21, Athens, was charged with aggravated burglary and held on $15,000 bond.
• Jose Luis Cortes Medina, 23, Lenoir City, was charged with domestic assault-misdemeanor and released on $3,000 bond.
• Sarah Marie Ewing, 37, Lenoir City was charged with theft over $1,000 and held on $7,500 bond.
• Rhonda Renea Givens, 45, Sweetwater, was charged with manufacture, sale, delivery or possession of a Schedule III substance and simple possession/casual exchange and released on $36,000 bond.
• Jonathan Russell Gray, 33, Sweetwater, was charged with theft over $1,000 and held on $7,500 bond.
• Sherry Ann Heide, 49, Maryville, was charged with driving under the influence, simple possession of a Schedule III substance and possession of drug paraphernalia and released on $5,000 bond.
• Jameson Brock Hawkins, 20, Lenoir City, was charged with driving under the influence and released on $1,000 bond.
• Forrest Cole Lonker, 27, Maryville, was charged with public intoxication and released on $1,000 bond.
• Jessica Ann Smith, 36, Loudon, was charged with possession of 2 grams of a Schedule II substance, driving under the influence, driving on revoked/suspended license, two counts of simple possession/casual exchange, violation of probation, contraband in a penal institution and possession of drug paraphernalia and held on $27,500 bond.
• Walter Lawrence Stachowicz, 38, Loudon, was charged with domestic assault-misdemeanor and held on $1,500 bond.