State Journal photographer Steve Apps captured the action as the Green Bay Packers defeated the Houston Texans 28-26 in their preseason opener Thursday night at Lambeau Field in Green Bay.
As featured on
Head coach Matt LaFleur struck a balance between acknowledging quarterback Aaron Rodgers’ issues with the joint practices while also making it clear he found a lot of value in them.
Aaron Jones understands that coach Matt LaFleur’s passing game is reliant on a successful running game setting up play-action passes and keeping defenses guessing with a more balanced run/pass ratio than the Packers have shown in recent years, so he knows his role will be vital.
The season may be over for the second-year pro, who was expected to be a starter this year after his injury in Thursday's preseason opener.
- Bella Hadid and The Weeknd narrowly avoid awkward encounter
- Selena Gomez lends her support to America's Latinx community
- Olivia Colman to star on The Simpsons
- Packers coach Matt LaFleur hopes Aaron Rodgers plays in preseason, but it’s wait-and-see for now
- Matt LaFleur plans to address Packers' shoddy tackling
- Zendaya would have been a teacher if she wasn't an actress
- Brad Pitt finds fame 'suffocating'
- Bruce Springsteen set to make directorial debut
- City considers Steekee Creek dredging
- Jail overcrowding big issue
- Listening Hearts lends open ear
- Keeping her eyes on the prize
- Grand jury hears two big cases
- Cherokees continue to roll in preseason
- Lenoir City progresses with fire hall relocation
- LC anglers compete for national title
- Loudon man drags woman, threatens police
- Lenoir City airman gets ACE award