(BPT) - With the cost of college increasing year by year, graduating with a degree that can help land you a high-paying job is ever more important. Recent studies show that 7 out of 10 of the most valuable undergraduate degrees are in engineering, which tells you there is a career and an income waiting for you when you graduate. Unfortunately, a significant gender gap still exists for women in STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) fields. YouTube science star Hank Green and Emerson CMO Kathy Button Bell discuss the challenges and rewards for women pursuing engineering and other STEM-related fields.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Husker breakfast links: Free Illinois-Nebraska tickets (but there's a catch); A big game from Lamar Jackson
- Hawkeyes' Duncan keeps the faith, earns honor
- Jerry Kill leaving SIU for position at Virginia Tech; Liz Jarnigan named athletic director
- Column: Hyped pass rush absent again for Penn State
- Fisher has watched Auburn freshman QB grow up; Arkansas kick will be at 11
- Billy Porter to be judge on RuPaul's Drag Race?
- Hailey and Justin Bieber have 'more fun' now
- Experts offer tips to save money on your insulin supply
- Maryville man dumps drugs at drive-thru
- Columbus ships sail into town
- Single-car wreck leaves one dead
- Local TNReady results show improvement
- Redskins blow past Chiefs
- Loudon man charged with gas station robbery
- Loudon City Council confronts road project firm
- Courthouse progress 'behind the scenes'
- 321 project impacts business
- Animal rescue a 'labor of love'